Should I eat less SALT is a colorful, no-cost nutrition education program about the health benefits of eating less salt/sodium and includes tips for decreasing salt/sodium intake.
- Available in still, PowerPoint, video and animated formats.
- Frame/video program–3 minutes in length.
- Designed for individuals with basic reading skills and limited resources; works with general audience, too.
- Highlights role of sodium/salt in health and chronic disease.
- Tested with target audience for usefulness, comprehension and interest.
- Uses Consumer Information Processing Model and Social Cognitive Theory of Behavior Change.
- Available in Spanish.
Use in health centers, schools, WIC sites, health displays/fairs, SNAP-Ed sites, assistance offices, and food pantries.
Readability – 4th grade; Comprehension – 8th grade.